Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Writer's Block: After I was thrown into the river and before I dro...

I think the most significant point of this story is the fact that the author succeeded in finding the voice of dog.Steven's way of talking is vigorous and breathless as same as his running or hyper music, and the voice makeseverything in this story.His entire life is adventurous but very short, and he literally run through his life like arock star. Before coming to the U.S., I had lived with dogs, and they unavoidably cannot live as long as humanbeings, so I felt this story shows us life and fate of animals.

My frustration is that the author described the squirrels as bystanders and negative. If I were him, I would havewritten about them with respect as much as to dogs. Otherwise, it seems that the author used animals only tomake them be a substitute of human beings.

As Brendan wrote, the title is intriguing and stimulates reader's imagination. After finishing the book, I askedmyself: what if his life after he survived being thrown in the river was just his dream before he was dying. Isit possible to think that he might have already died when he was small?

What do you think? Also, I felt like I can hear music from this story such as Hip Hop or Indie Rock, and if youmake soundtrack of the story, what kind of music is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment