Tuesday, September 28, 2010

After I was Thrown in a River...

I would first of all like to say I really enjoyed this one. I totally agree with LTellez in that it works well by jumping from point to point as one would think a dog would. I also like how he views the world. In a sort of aloof "I get it, but I don't really care" sort of way. The beginning really stuck out to me and immediately I was thrust into the world of this hyper dog that loves to run. The writers voice almost immediately made me start reading it faster in my head as if hearing it from the voice of this nice dog.
In addition, I'd also like to take a moment to talk about the title. I really like it, it works for me. I like how it sums up the whole dog's mindset, showing that this was his life, as he saw it, through the two major events. In his mind, he was born when he was dragged out of the river, and in real life as well as his mind, he died on the bottom of that river bed. I was just wondering what type of dog was he? It frustrates me to no end but I saw in my mind about a 3 year old golden retriever. how bout ya'll?

No comments:

Post a Comment