Monday, September 27, 2010

Ha Jin - Love Is In The Air

I found this story was a very lovely love story. I found it interesting that this man as so infatuated with this women's voice. He didn't ever get a chance to meet her or know here but it casted a spell over him. It makes me think of online daters or people who fall in love with people through letters. Its a different way to connect but it can be just as powerful as a physical connection. I found it interesting how he began to doubt that what he was feeling was love. how do any of us know when we are truly in love? I feel like he also went through a terrible heart break in the story and it enabled him from doing his duties. It distracted him a great deal and he it began to mess with him. I thought it was a very sad ending to such a beautiful love story. I was hoping for a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment