Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We Didn't...

Yes, I think I agree with YHernandez on all points. I feel that the descriptions were indeed very vivid, they really put you right in the story. Another example of this would be when he is describing the dead woman's features: "Her hair was brown and tangled in a way that even wind or sleep can't tangle hair, tangled as if it had absorbed the ripples of water- Thick strands, slimy looking like dead seaweed."(Dybek, 158)

I also agree in the fact that I wasn't quite sure if I liked it or not. Yes I got it that it was supposed to be a vivid, and at some points erotic love story, but it still didn't feel like I could really feel the passion because of using so many odd illusions to random sources that it really disjointed the whole flow of the story.

One thing I could say I liked was the clear tone that he presented in the story. All the way through I sort of read this in a resigned tone, one of utter defeat. I liked how he did this, it seemed like it was almost a letter that he would give her many years later after rethinking that maybe she was the one that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment