Wednesday, October 20, 2010

U.S Drag

I found the play to be highly interesting, so much so that I couldn’t put it down. Allison captured my attention from the get go, because of her demeanor and the way she carries herself. She and her roommate seem to never be able to keep a job, but think that they are beyond intelligent. They must be the center of everything, which makes them selfish. Me, myself, and I, so on and so forth. However, Allison is the worst one- money hungry and an ungrateful individual. Christopher is interested in her and I never understood why, perhaps because he took her forthrightness as a good sense of humor. Those two characters were my favorite in the play. I loved how the author threw in all kinds of people into the story and connected them by the organization, SAFE. Towards the end I thought that Christopher was the attacker, a troubled man who’s always hiding. A kind of guy like that fit’s the bill. What do you guys think? Oh, OH!!! THE ENDING WAS CRAP!!!!!! I thought they would reveal the attacker, but, nooooo… They want to tell us that Allison became a success, while Christopher grew to be disliked, by his new book. Oh, yes… I want to know who Christen is and why is she significant? At the end he asks her if he can help her put chairs away after signing a book for her (this is the first time he offers to help someone directly by asking), she feels as though he shouldn’t. She then asks him: “Will you help me?” He responds with: “I’ll help. I’ll help you, if you help me.” The play ends!!!! WHY? It seems as if Christen is a part of him or something, well, she said she knew him. I don’t understand how. What happened after this point? I am so frustrated with how the play ended, I say again, but overall, it was a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment