Friday, October 15, 2010

"U.S. Drag" By Gina Gionfriddo

Hi everybody.

I wouldn’t mind watching the play on stage. I really enjoyed reading the first part of the play. The characters are interesting to me. You can see what motivates them and they are pretty humorous at times. Allison and Angela are motivated by money, Ned wants a woman, and Christopher seems to want his family to not want to kill him and he wants someone to talk to. I liked Christopher as a character a lot because he would say something like, “Have you read my book… I’m gonna give you one. Is that really weird? Was that a bad thing to say? Now do you think I’m like really full of myself because I offered you my book.” Christopher says stuff and then beats himself up about what he just said. I guess the way I picture it in my head is just funny. I liked the Angela/Christopher scene the most I think. Because of the bed scene and the comment about raiding the mini bar.

Maybe it’s just me but Angela and Allison frustrate me. They seem to not care if they have to use people to get what they want, which is money, and they seem like they are a little proud or possibly conceited because they think they are somewhat better then people. But at the same time they sound like they are being practical and I can’t help but like them. They are smart but they are naïve as well, thinking that they can find Ed and get the reward. But that just makes the story more interesting because now you really want to know what’s going to happen to them. I like how Gina Giofriddo keeps your interest with diverse characters and an interesting plot. I’m definitely going to finish reading the play. Did anyone else like the play? If you did, why did you like it? If you didn’t why didn’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment