Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"We Didn't" By Stuart Dybek

Honestly, I'm not sure of what to comment about Dybek's story plot. I did read it all, and I understood that it was a love story about him and his partner, but I guess I would say it seemed like a disappointing love story, to the character at least.

However, I will say something about the way he described the scenery in the story, of which I thought was very vivid. For example, his story reads, "Headlights bounded toward us, spotlights criss crossing, blue dome lights, fleeing bare assed through the liter of garbage that daytime hordes had left behind and that night had deceptively concealed" (Dybek, 158). In my opinion, that line was very visual; I can clearly see the quick movement of the situation they're in.

So, did you think Dybek did well in making the story "visual"?

No comments:

Post a Comment