Wednesday, November 10, 2010

U.S. Drag...

Hey everyone,

So there was quite a bit to digest from this story and I can understand why so many people did not like the ending. From what I read, I felt most of the characters were the same in a sense, except for Angela & Allison of course. It seemed like most of the story revolved around the two of them living their lives with an interesting perspective of the world while the rest of the characters all felt like needy insecure people with problems I won't even begin to go into. However, the edginess of Angela and the soft hearted Allison kept me intrigued throughout the story because they were a good duo in dealing with these people.

The conversations seemed to have a flow that was predictable but at the same time interesting because of how different Angela & Allison were compared to the people they dealt with. The one thing I see similar between all of them all was that they were all damaged in some way and the topic of Ed was a conversation they could unify to. The fact that the issue with Ed was never fully resolved also bugged me a lot.

I was curious about why the play ended with Christopher and not the girls and it made me wonder what the play writers true intentions were in terms of what we should get out of this story. Maybe it's a tale about the loneliness some people endure because they don't possess a natural charisma that many do. Perhaps the play writer wanted to emphasize the extremes people go to for love and affection and Ed is simply the character that displays those extremes.

I won't dismiss this play as being complete fail because it did keep me interested, but I would have to see it to get a fresh perspective. Overall, as creepy as the dialogue may have been, I think it was an alright play. Hopefully, I will be able to come to a firmer conclusion after watching the play.

~Sal

No comments:

Post a Comment