Wednesday, November 3, 2010

US Drag Second Response

Hi everyone,

After finishing the play I kind of fell silent and after thinking for a little while came to the conclusion that the ending was a little bland. If someone were to ask me how I liked the ending I'd probably shrug my shoulders and say it could have been better but it could have been worse. Or maybe I'd just say I don't know.

I think the play should have been longer. It felt a little rushed and I would have liked it better if they had found Ed in the end. It just seems like it was cut short.

I liked the characters in the play. I wouldn't change them. I especially like Christopher as a character because he makes you want to laugh because off how dramatic he is but he also says things that make you want to hit him, which makes you like the play to some degree because it gets you to respond emotionally to the characters. One example of something Christopher says that makes things interesting is that he believes that Ed doesn't exist. This comment made me want to laugh because I thought that he was crazy for saying it but I thought it was interesting because it does make for an interesting story because it creates conflict.

Overall the play was pretty interesting and I still wouldn't mind seeing the play on stage, in spite of it's faults. I just hope that on stage the play doesn't seem to confusing when it comes to transitioning from pace to place and I hope it doesn't feel like it's being rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment